These Christmas M&M treat bars are gooey, delicate and stacked with M&M’s and chocolate chips. So natural to make and ideal for a treat trade or occasion party!
I love to prepare a wide range of Christmas treats during the special seasons. There’s only something about preparing on a virus winter day that is so comfortable! M&M Christmas treats are one of my top picks, so I thought I’d make a treat bar variety. The outcome was so delectable!
I’m eager to share these delightful M&M treat bars with you today! They make the ideal treat for a treat trade or occasion party. They’re gooey, happy and loaded up with chocolate chips AND M&M’s! In addition they’re so natural to make, as well!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus more for tops if desired)
- 1 cup M&M’s (plus more for tops if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. For thick bars, line a 9×13″ pan with foil. For thinner bars, line a 15×10″ pan. Leave an over hang for easy removal. Then spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir mixture just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s (saving about 1/4 cup for the top).
- Scoop cookie dough into the pan. Then place extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is barely golden brown. Allow to cool completely, then remove and slice.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.