Flavor up taco night in your home with an Easy Taco Braid! Stuffed brimming with scrumptious taco meat and rich, liquefied cheddar, it’s an incredible wind on a work of art.
Mexican food (or any variety thereof) is my outright most loved sort of cooking. Jared and the young men would have tacos a few evenings per week, so that works out in support of myself. 🙂 It allows me to get imaginative with things like this Easy Taco Braid.
A week ago I needed to make these Taco Empanadas for supper just to switch things up. Notwithstanding, I was unable to discover the empanada circles that the formula called for, so I got a jar of bow move mixture and figured I would take a stab at making little empanada pockets out of those.
When I revealed the mixture, I adjusted my perspective and chose to make a plait all things considered. It was brisk and simple and the young men ate it up!
Step by step instructions to make an Easy Taco Braid Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 canister refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Fiesta Blend shredded cheese divided
- 1 to mato diced, plus additional for top, if desired
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- Sour cream and taco sauce for serving if desired
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until soft, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the Lean Ground Beef and cook until brown.
- Add the Homemade Taco Seasoning and water and mix until well incorporated.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the piece of parchment to your work surface.
- Place the pizza dough on the parchment and roll it so that it measures 10 X 15 – inches.
- With a pizza cutter, make slices 1 1/2 – inches thick and 3 – inches in along both long sides of the dough.
- Place the ground beef down the center of the dough.
- Cover the beef with 3/4 cup of cheese and then add the diced tomato.
- Beginning at one end of the braid, fold the end up and wrap the first two slices over to secure it.
- Repeat the wrapping with the remaining slices just until the last two.
- Fold the remaining end up and wrap the last two slices over it to secure.
- Gently brush the top and side with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Transfer the parchment on to the rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cover with chopped Romaine lettuce and additional tomato, if desired.
- Serve with sour cream and taco sauce.