This no-bake strawberry mousse cake recipe features a thick strawberry mousse filling nestled on a Golden Oreo crust. The cake is topped with fresh strawberry jam and homemade whipped cream.
July continues with cake month. I’m celebrating my birthday all month long. If you also have a July birthday, whip up one of the fabulous cakes and celebrate with me.
This strawberry mousse cake is so perfect for summer. It’s a no-bake recipe and it’s super simple to put together. No-bake cakes are such lifesavers during the peak summer heat.
Not only is it no-bake but it’s full of strawberry flavor. Using fresh summer berries will give you more flavor and it’s what I highly recommend.
The filling and topping are set with gelatin but the cake needs to remain refrigerated. If it gets too warm, it will start to lose shape.
I topped the mousse cake with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. This is completely optional but it makes the cake extra pretty for the occasion.
Simple and easy ! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
*Ingredients for a strawberry mousse cake for 8 to 10 people:
+Almond cookie :
°80g ground almonds
°4 sheets of gelatin (8 g) (you can replace with 2 g of agar agar if necessary)
°40g icing sugar
°380 ml full cream
*Almond cookie base
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Separate the whites from the yolks. Whisk the yolks with the sugar.
3. Add the cornstarch and ground almonds, mixing between each addition.
4. Whip the egg whites until stiff. Add them to the preparation. First add a good spoonful of egg whites and stir vigorously to soften the batter. Incorporate the rest very delicately, with a spatula.
5. Pour everything into an adjustable circle set to 20 cm in diameter, placed on a plate covered with baking paper.
Learn more about the adjustable circle
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
1. Place the gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
2. Wash and hull the strawberries.
3. Place strawberries and icing sugar in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
4. Mix everything with an immersion blender.
5. Add the drained gelatin. If you use agar agar, you will need to boil the strawberry purée with the agar agar for one minute. Let come to room temperature.
6. Whip the liquid cream until it thickens.
7. With a spatula, gently incorporate the whipped cream into the strawberry purée.
8. Pour everything over the almond biscuit