For me, as a kid growing up in New York, fried chicken came from one place, and one place only: those grease-stained cardboard buckets peddled by the Colonel himself. But times have changed, and as is often the case, revisiting those fond childhood memories results only in disappointment and disillusionment. That said, stylistically, it can’t be faulted. So I figured that I could somehow manage to take what the Colonel started and bring it to its ultimate conclusion—that is, deep chicken flavor; a flab-free skin; juicy, tender meat; and crisp, spicy coating—I might just be able to recapture those first fleeting childhood tastes of fried chicken as I remembered them. Here’s the result of my efforts.
To make this crispy chicken you’ll need :
- Chicken pieces.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 2 beaten large egg.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour.
- 2 tsp black pepper.
- 2 tsp garlic powder.
- 2 tsp paprika.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning.
- STEP 1: In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, garlic pepper, salt, paprika, and poultry seasoning.
- STEP 2: In a separate bowl, mix beaten eggs with milk and set aside.
- STEP 3: Place chicken pieces in the first bowl, then in the egg mixture, and again in the first bowl ( flour mixture ).
- STEP 4: Using a deep fryer, heat vegetable oil and brown the chicken on all sides.
- STEP 5: Drain it on paper towels. And serve it with hot sauce.
- ENJOY !!!!!