Homemade Amish white bread is perfect on day one for burgers, and the next day for French toast, grilled cheese, or toast. A wonderful homemade recipe for bread which is an absolute treasure.
This recipe produces two white bread loaves. I want to do that on a day that we get beef stew crockpot roast beef because we have hot bread to enjoy with dinner.
The products were so simple that nothing at all was outlandish. Sugar, water, and yeast. I knew this was something that I was going to end up tossing away, but I thought I was going to do it again. It’s a Really cheap bread to produce and if it were a failure, I wouldn’t be out much.
YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
- 6 Cups.Of bread flour.
- 1 Cup.Of warm water.
- 1 Cup.Of warm milk.
- 1 1/2 Tsp.Of salt.
- 1/3 Cup.Of sugar.
- 1/4 Cup.Of vegetable oil.
- 1+1/2 Tbsp.Of active dry yeast.
- In a medium-sized bowl, I mixed the sugar and warm water together, then I removed the yeast.
- Proof the yeast until it appears like a creamy foam.
- I added the warm milk to the yeast mixture and blended properly.
- I mixed in one cup Of flour using a mixer or by hand, and mixed in roughly one cup of flour, an3d I kneaded until flat.
- I put the dough in really hot oil and turned to cover the surface.
- I covered the dough with a clean towel and let rise for one hour.
- Punch down, I kneaded for a couple of minutes. I split the dough into two parts.
- I mold the dough into loaf form and put it into greased loaf pans, and I covered it again and let it rise for 30 minutes, or until it has risen around one inch in a pan.
- I baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. I placed in different pans after cooking and then on cooling racks.
- I brushed the tops of the loaves with a little melted butter just before eating. This will help preserve the crust and keep it soft.
- ENJOY IT!!!