Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
This easy-to-make crock pot Christmas crack, aka Christmas candy, is a delightfully tasty holiday treat that anyone can make with very little fuss! The tasty combination of chocolate and peanut butter make these festive peanut clusters a popular favorite for kids of all ages!
With the holidays comes family, and with family comes lots of preparation. Whether you’re cleaning your house, planning an itinerary, or simply making a feast, time is of the essence this time of year. But no one wants to sacrifice flavor for speed!
With crock pot Christmas crack, aka crock pot candy, you won’t have to! If chocolate peanut butter is your thing, you’ll love this rich, decadent treat.
There are 3 kinds of chocolate, peanut butter chips, and actual peanuts in this recipe. The crunchy-creamy result is well worth the wait.
The best part about this Christmas candy recipe is that it only takes 5 minutes of prep time! It’s perfect for when you have a full house and are playing tetris with your schedule, trying to figure out what should go in the oven and when.
This recipe sidesteps the oven and can be safely tucked away in a corner somewhere until it’s ready to be scooped out and cooled. It’s an easy win for all the chocolate-lovers in your life.
This is another great way to involve the young chefs in your life. Kids can help with the feast by measuring out ingredients into the crock pot without any knives or hot ovens causing potential danger.
- 2 jar peanuts, 1 salted and 1 unsalted 16 oz each
- 2 bag peanut butter chips, 10 oz each
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, 12 oz
- 2 package white almond bark or vanilla candy coating, 1 lb. each
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips, 12 oz
- The cooking time does depend on the type of crock pot that you’ve got. Sometimes, you can have the chocolate melt within an hour, sometimes a bit longer. You should make sure that, once it’s melted, keep an eye, opening it to stir it so that it doesn’t scorch.
- Put the peanuts on the bottom
- Take the bark, break this off into chunks, and put it on the very top as the final layer
- Try to have the ingredients go in there in the order that they’re listed
- Put it into the crock pot, and then, let this sit for an hour until it’s melted
- Once melted, stir and then combine all of this together.
- Put the lid back on, and let it sit there for another 30 minutes.
- Stir this once more. once it looks like everything’s properly mixed and the chocolate is melted, but not scorched, put it on some nonstick aluminum foil
- Let this sit at room temperature, or put it in the fridge for about an hour.
- Once this is done, you can from there, put it onto a serving tray, or wherever you want to put it.
- If they are’ fully hardened yet for whatever reason, take them and put them in the fridge for a few minutes. Make sure that they’re not on top of each other so that they don’t stick together. Once they’re done, put them onto a serving plate and serve them immediately, showing everyone these amazing treats that you wont’ be able to get enough of the moment you get a taste.