This Crockpot Chicken & Gravy is SUPER easy to make. Simply place the chicken in the slow cooker, Season the chicken with salt and pepper. I sometimes use garlic salt or seasoned salt instead of plain salt. Once the chicken is seasoned on both sides, whisk together the gravy packets and soup. Pour the soup over the chicken and cook.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred it with two forks right in the slow cooker. We like to serve the chicken over white rice. Feel free to use cooked brown rice, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles. Heck, you could even serve this over some Texas toast for a chicken & gravy sandwich. If you are eating gluten-free, I think this would be great over cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
I used chicken gravy mix. Feel free to use any packet of gravy mix you prefer. If you want a thinner gravy, add about ½ to 1 cup of water or chicken broth to the soup mixture. Adding some water/chicken broth is a great way to stretch the gravy. The slow cooker gravy is the BEST part of the whole recipe!
this has got to be on the top of the list. Chicken is cooked in the gravy so that it comes out moist and juicy every time. The flavor cooks right inside the meat and gives it that comfort taste. What makes slow cooker meals perfect for this time of year is that they are basically ready when you walk in the door after a long day.
• 4 skinless chicken breasts
• 1 ounce dry ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
• 1 (10.5 ounce) can of cream of condensed chicken soup
• 1 cup water or chicken broth
• Grease the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
• Place the chicken into the bottom of the Crock Pot.
• Top with the chicken soup.
• Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on top and pour the water over the seasoning.
Replace the lid and cook on low for seven hours.
• Once it is done cooking, shred chicken with a fork, and serve over mashed potatoes.