What summer dessert could be better than creamy lemon squares? I don’t know. These sunny lemon squares have a sweet lemon taste and amazing lemon flavor. For me, it’s like lemonade squares.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make when I am preparing dessert for many people. You bake it all in one pan, cut it up and serve it. You can cut it bigger or smaller, depending on how many people you are going to serve.
Easy, with few ingredients and the good thing is that lemons are available all year round, either in the supermarket or on the trees in our house.!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan
- 1-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
for the filling
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
How to make it :
- preheat oven to 350f / 180c degrees.
- brush a square baking dish with melted butter.
- crush graham crackers
- then add in sugar and butter and blend to mix.
- press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- bake until lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes.
- cool crust, 30 minutes.
To make the filling
- in a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and condensed milk.
- add lemon juice; whisk until smooth.
- pour filling into cooled crust; carefully spread to edges.
- bake until set, about 15 minutes.
- cool in pan on rack.
- chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- serve with whipped cream.