Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
If Mexican food always sounds like a good idea in your house the way it does in ours, then this ultimate Mexican Casserole is a must for your meal plan this week! It combines pantry staples with fresh ingredients for that rich, cheesy Southwest sensation that we never seem to stop craving.
Thanks to the main ingredients that are often on hand at home – brown rice, canned beans and tomatoes, and cheese – this recipe is the pinnacle of easy and healthy comfort food.
This Mexican casserole with rice is a good Mexican dish because it relies on classic Mexican flavors, but with a healthy spin (like Taco Salad!). It calls for lean ground beef, whole grain brown rice, and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Also, by using fully-flavored cheeses (hello, sharp cheddar) you can pack more flavor while using less.
Simple and easy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it! To Make this Recipe You Will Need the following ingredients:
I love those recipes we all grew up with, they are too good to miss out on.
- 1 PKG taco seasoning.
- 1 can of cream chicken soup.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- 1 can dice tomato [ I used RO-TEL TOMATOES ].
- 1 chopped onion.
- 1 bag of tortilla chips.
- 500 glean ground beed.
- 1 can Ranch style beans.
- salsa and sour cream.
HOW I MADE IT
- I preheated the oven to 350 degrees F.
- I browned meat in a large skillet and stirred it in onions, tomatoes, and ranch-style beans with soup, water, and taco seasoning.
I simmered everything over low heat until is well combined.
- In a casserole dish, I made a layer of crushed tortilla chips, followed by another layer of meat mixture, then the third layer of cheddar cheese.
- I repeated the previous step and baked for 10 minutes. For the topping, I used sour cream and salsa.