Texas Toast Sloppy Joes are an easy ground beef dinner recipe made with frozen Texas toast garlic bread slices and loaded with sloppy joe ground beef and shredded cheese.
Are you looking for an easy weeknight meal that your kids will love? Sloppy Joes are always a favorite in our house. But Texas Toast Sloppy Joes are even better. The garlic toast with hamburger meat and melted cheese is a winning combination! Serve it with a salad on the side and you have a great dinner idea.
If you love Sloppy Joes than you are going to love this Texas Toast Sloppy Joes Recipe. Texas Toast is topped with our favorite sloppy joe recipe. Sloppy Joes is an easy ground beef dinner idea. My family loves sloppy joes and topped over a Garlic Texas Toast it is sure to please a crowd. This open face sloppy dinner idea is sure to become a favorite recipe.
We love easy dinners idea at my house. We are very busy with sports, school and outside activities but I still want to serve my family with wholesome meals. This Texas Toast Sloppy Joes checks all the boxes to get dinner done fast. There is no need to hit the drive-through when you have have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. It taste so much better than fast food and it is better for you.
Cook Bread First before adding the sloppy mix on top.
This is a great recipe to make in advance. You can easily make the sloppy joe mix and then heat. Then add to the garlic bread for a quick dinner idea.
1 pound ground beef
Olive or canola oil, as needed
½ cup water
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 minced garlic clove or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 chopped red or green bell pepper
½ chopped large yellow onion (or 1 small)
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
12 slices American cheese
6 slices Texas Toast (see note)
1. Heat a large skillet over a moderate heat.
2. Add a splash of oil.
3. Add the meat, bell pepper and onion (and garlic if using fresh).
4. Cook, stirring often and breaking up any large chunks of meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned through.
5. Drain off any excess grease.
6. Turn the heat right down.
7. Now add the water, ketchup, mustard, garlic (if using powder), Worcestershire sauce, and sugar.
8. Stir well then cook for about 8 minutes or until the sauce is thicker.
9. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
10. Broil the Texas toast until golden.
11. Now add a piece of cheese to each slice of toast and broil for half a minute.
12. Spoon some of the beef mixture over each piece of toast with cheese. Add another slice of cheese on top.
13. Broil again until the cheese melts.
14. Serve hot.