A cheeseburger for dinner is a favorite of every child. Just don’t tell them that this one is a healthy version! This is my son’s favorite supper recipe, and he’s just 13 years old. It’s also his favorite dish, which he intends to prepare on a weekly basis on his cooking night (yes, each of my kiddos and hubby has a cooking night).
A cheeseburger casserole has all of your favorite flavors of a standard cheeseburger but does not include the traditional carbohydrates, hamburger bun, or fries that are found in a regular cheeseburger. Wanna know how to make this amazing « Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole », gather all the ingredients needed and follow me:
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound cooked bacon, cut into pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef with garlic and onion powder until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Step 3Spread beef onto the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole pan. Stir in bacon pieces.
- Step 4Whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Stir in 8 ounces Cheddar cheese.
- Step 5Pour egg mixture over the beef and bacon. Top with the remaining 4 ounces cheese.
- Step 6Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 30 to 35 minutes.