This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations, it’s simple and the best. So whenever that craving hits for some real Macaroni and Cheese, this recipe is sure to please.
HOW MACARONI AND CHEESE IS MADE I like to make my mac and cheese extra special by adding panko breadcrumbs on top along with fresh Parmigiano Reggiano, THIS is the stuff dreams are made of.
To make a very cheesy pasta ~ Boil one Box of Macaroni which is 375 grams typically =8.82 ounces. To make a lighter less cheesy version, yet still very good pasta ~ Boil 450 grams of Macaroni.
We hope you enjoy it as well! Creamy with the right amount of crunch!
Also want to make two batches? Just double the recipe and use two baking pans. This freezes easily for another day, just let it cool and then seal it in a ziplock bag.
• 3 cups dry elbow macaroni
• 4 Tbsp salted butter
• 2 (370 mL/12 oz) cans evaporated milk
• 1/3 cup milk of choice
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 tsp garlic salt
• 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
• 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1 tsp paprika
Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and macaroni, and cook until al dente.
2) Drain and return to the pot.
3) Add in the butter and stir until the butter is melted. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the evaporated milk, milk, eggs and garlic salt until fully combined.
5) In a separate bowl, mix together the cheeses.
6) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking pan.
7) Layer 1/3 of the macaroni, then 1/3 of the cheese.
8 ) Repeat with the remaining macaroni and cheese mixture.
9) Pour the milk mixture over top. Sprinkle the paprika evenly on top.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.