Fried Rice is a combination of long-grained rice, a mixture of warm peas, carrots, and onions with scrambled eggs mixed all together! You will not be getting taken out any longer! Have fried rice as an entree or a side dish when serving it! If you love fried rice try these variations: Bacon Fried Rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, Ham Fried Rice, or Chicken Fried Rice.
I have always loved fried rice. I could probably eat an entire bowl. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever you would like! I have added bacon, chicken, and ham. It is the perfect fried rice base and they say the secret ingredient to getting the authentic Chinese taste is sesame oil. Whatever it may be it is fantastic!
I had my entire family over for Chinese night. It was a lot of work, but I wanted them to experience my famous sweet and sour chicken. They absolutely loved it and agreed that it tasted straight from a restaurant I always serve this amazing fried rice with all of my Chinese dishes. It is easy and goes perfectly as a side!
all you need is:
- 4 C.Of cooked and chilled rice.
- 3 minced garlic cloves.
- 3 green onions, I thinly sliced them.
- 1/2 C.Of frozen peas
- 3 T.Of butter.
- 2 whisked eggs.
- 2 medium carrots, I peeled and diced them.
- 1 small white onion, I diced it.
- 5 T.Of soy sauce.
- 2 t.Of oyster sauce, it’s optional but It gives a great taste!!!
- 1 t.Of toasted sesame oil.
- Salt+black pepper- to taste-.
- Step 1: In a large saucepan, I heated over medium-high heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter until melted.
- Step 2: I added one egg and cooked, stirring regularly until scratched.
- Step 3: I removed the egg, and transfer it to a different dish.
- Step 4:I added to a pan a further 1 tablespoon of butter and cook until melted.
- Step 5:I seasoned with a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper and I added the diced carrots, onion, peas, and minced garlic.
- Step 6: I sauteed until the onion and carrots are tender, for around 5 minutes.
- Step 7:I added the remaining 1 tablespoon and half of the butter and I stir until melted.
- Step 8: I raised the heat to high, and I added the cooked rice, green onions, soy, and oyster sauce immediately, and I stir until mixed.
To fry the rice, I keep stirring for an additional 3 minutes.
I added the shells, and I stir to mix.
- Step 9: I pour the sesame oil and stir and I removed the mixture from the heat.
And now it’s ready to serve.