This homemade Chicken Pot Pie is classic comfort food and will warm you up. It’s a show-stopping dish with a flaky Pie Crust, filled with saucy chicken and vegetables. If you’ve never tried a homemade savory pot pie, you are in for a treat. Watch the video tutorial and see how easy it is. We love easy chicken dinners from Instant Pot Whole Chicken to Chicken Tortilla Soup. If you are looking for chicken recipes the whole family will love, this Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is a must-try!
What is a Pot Pie? A pot pie is a savory pie filled with meat (usually chicken) and vegetables in a gravy-like sauce. Classic pot pies are made with a top and bottom pie crust. Pot Pies are an excellent way to re-purpose leftover cooked chicken, turkey, or even ham.
A delicious chicken pot pie made with celery, carrots, and peas. It’s the best lunch or dinner recipe for this weekend.
- 500 g skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 sliced carrots.
- half cup chopped celery.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 1 cup of green peas.
- 1 cup whole milk.
- 2 cups of chicken broth.
- 2 tbsp flour.
- 2 tbsp softened butter.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- unbaked pie crusts ( I used 2 ).
- STEP 1: I preheated the oven to 400℉ (=220℃).
- STEP 2: I sautéed onion for about 4 minutes in a saucepan, and I stirred it in flour, celery, pepper, and salt, then in milk and chicken broth.
- STEP 3: I poured the chicken mixture in the bottom unbaked pie crust, and I added sautéed onion.
- STEP 4: I baked it for 25-35 minutes, and let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
P.S: I added shredded cheddar cheese over top, try it, it gives this pie an incredible taste.
- ENJOY !!!