I like the recipe we grew up together, it’s too good to lose.What a simple and cheap soup! !The homemade broccoli and cheddar potato soup is creamy and the fillings are delicious-perfect for this cold weather!
Crock Pot Broccoli-Cheddar Potato Soup is thick, creamy, and oh-so cheesy. This crock pot soup recipe is easy and gluten-free, too!Got a new Netflix series for you to check out! Ozark – not for the faint of heart. Jason Bateman (obsessed, obsessed, obsessed) plays Marty Byrde, a financial planner/family man who’s furiously laundering money for the cartel in Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks. You can imagine how well that’s going for him. If you liked Breaking Bad, you’ll love this series that’s equal parts binge-watch-worthy as it is anxiety-inducing. I don’t know if I’m furious or thankful there’s only one season so far – my stress levels are at an all time high watching each episode!
If you’ve ever made a crock pot recipe (oh yes, this segue is happening,) you know the feeling. Throw some ingredients into a crock pot, say a little prayer, then 2-12 hours later, depending on the recipe of course, you’re either handsomely rewarded or sorely disappointed? Such a long time to sweat, right? Luckily, Crock Pot Broccoli-Cheddar Potato Soup is not only worth the wait, but a guaranteed winner (unlike poor Marty – eesh.)
To prepare this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3 cups small-chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 4oz Arla Herbs & Spices cream cheese
- 1 cup milk (2% fat or higher)
- 8oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper
- To a 6-quart crock pot add hash browns, broccoli, carrots, shallot and chicken broth then stir to combine, cover, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until broccoli is very tender.
- To a blender add Arla Herbs & Spices cream cheese, milk, and roughly 1/3 of the cooked vegetables.
- Blend until very creamy then stir back into the crock pot, cover, and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- NOTE: may need to blend in batches if your blender is small.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese into soup about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until cheese is completely melted before adding another batch.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then serve.