Creamy Cucumber Salad is a refreshing summertime staple at any picnic, barbecue or potluck. Crisp cucumbers and fresh summery dill all tossed in a simple sour cream dressing.
This easy recipe is made in a snap with ingredients that are probably already in the kitchen. It takes just minutes to make and is the perfect side dish next to grilled chicken or barbecue ribs. Especially with a side of grilled corn on the cob!
A summer staple, this creamy cucumber salad boasts a crunchy texture and tangy, rich flavor. Because of cucumber’s high water content, cucumber salads often consist of soggy cucumber slices swimming in a watery, diluted dressing. This creamy cucumber salad is the antidote to that. Flavored with sweet red onions and a thick dressing made from sour cream, mayonnaise and fresh dill, the salad has a crunchy texture and tangy, rich flavor. The trick is salting the sliced cucumbers and red onions in a colander for 30 minutes before tossing them with the dressing. This not only drains the liquid from the cucumbers, maintaining their crunch, but also partially pickles the onions, taming their raw bite and sharp flavor. This summertime staple pairs perfectly with grilled chicken or grilled salmon, and is a welcome addition at any picnic, barbecue, or potluck.
- °3 cucumbers peel & thinly slice
- °1/2 red onion sliced
- °15 ml (1 tbsp.) salt
- °125 ml (1/2 c) sour cream
- °5 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
- °30 ml (2 tbsp.) chop dill
- °pepper to taste
* Methods :
- In salad bowl, placing slices of cucumber also red onion. Salt also stir well. Leave to cool for 15 min.
- In bowl, mix sour cream with lemon juice & dill. Pepper also stir.
- Removing water from the cucumbers also red onion by squeezing them with your hands.
- Returning to bowl also pour in sour cream mix. Stirring Refrigerate 30 min before serve.
- Enjoy !