Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole is a fun, easy kid friendly dinner. Cheesy burger filling with Big Mac special sauce topped with cheddar cheese and crispy tots! This cheeseburger-inspired Tater Tot Casserole is about to be your family’s new favorite Weeknight Dinner. So good that your kids will be asking you to skip the drive thru and make this instead!
Thanks to a generous serving of our spot on Big Mac Special Sauce, every bite of this tasty casserole is like eating a Big Mac and fries all at once! If you don’t already keep a cup or two on hand, our Special Sauce can be made in just minutes to for this easy casserole.
This quick and delicious Big Mac Tater Tot Casserole is one that the whole family will go crazy for and you will love too! It has all the flavor of a junk food feast without any of the preservatives and it’s much more budget friendly. Serve your cheeseburger casserole with favorite burger toppings, like tomato and pickles, and a drizzle of extra Big Mac Sauce!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese blend
- 24 oz frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Crumble the ground beef well as it cooks.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and drain the excess grease.
- Add the Thousand Island dressing, mayo, diced onion, diced dill pickle, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the pan with the beef.
- Stir until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Dump the ground beef mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the beef.
- Place the tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the casserole until the tater tots are golden brown. 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the shredded lettuce on top.
- Drizzle the Thousand Island dressing over the lettuce.
- Serve and enjoy!