Simple and easy ! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
Banana Brownies are a delicious banana dessert you are sure to love! The chewy, fudgy, dense texture of a brownie with dreamy banana flavor!
These delicious Banana Bread Brownies may be my favorite way to use ripe bananas, and are made extra moist with the addition of Greek yogurt. They’re topped with finger-licking brown butter glaze.
Other go-to recipes for using up my ripe bananas are Banana Cake, banana bran muffins or this delicious skinny banana bread recipe.
We enjoy every last bite of these cake-like banana bread bars because they never last long when I make them. The brown butter frosting is only 4 simple ingredients and makes them outstanding. You can customize the bars by adding nuts or chocolate chips instead of frosting, and I like to cut them into small squares for a bite size after school treat.
To make ahead: bake and frost them one to two days ahead of time. Store them covered, in the refrigerator.
To freeze: allow them to cool completely and freeze them frosted or unfrosted right in the pan. Cover them well with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw completely before serving.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts,chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- For the brownie,
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slighty (warm but not hot) and frost with frosting.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, whisk in powdered sugar at a time, adding milk as it thickens, then add in vanilla.
- Pour over the warm banana bread brownies immediately, and smooth with a spatula, butter knife, or frosting spatula.
- Cool completely before cutting.