Have you ever tried something so delicious you can barely stand it…and something that you’re even more shocked that you actually made. This is one of those recipes. Perfectly baked crab legs with a spicy garlic butter sauce will melt in your mouth with every bite! The combination of spices and the crunchy taste of crabs will be the only way to cook crab legs again!
Every two months, I like to prepare a “fancy” dinner for my husband and I. We both love all kinds of seafood, but baked crab legs are a family favorite! A spicy garlic butter sauce complements the crab legs perfectly. It’s both a dipping sauce and a glaze.
Most people used to steam crab legs. There is nothing wrong with that except for one thing. You don’t taste any spices. After years of fumigation, I decided to try a new method. By baking the crab legs, not only do you get a crunchy crust that cracks, and you may keep the crab meat tenderly inside, but you also get more flavor. Much more flavor! To Make this Recipe You Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb (453.59g) king crab legs
- 4 tablespoons (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon garlic)
- 1-2 teaspoons (4g-8g) Creole seasoning
- ½ tablespoon (7.5ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (3g) chopped chives or parsley
- lemon wedges to serve
- Thaw crabs legs in the refrigerator overnight or for faster results place crabs under cold running water
- for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- When ready to cook, cut the crab legs into half so the flesh of the crab is visible.
- Skip the knife and use kitchen shears or scissors to do so. You’ll thank me later.
- Place crab legs in an oven-safe pan or on a baking sheet.
- Add butter, garlic, and Creole seasoning in a small bowl.
- Microwave for about a minute. Remove and add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Brush crab with butter mixture all over the crab legs – reserve any excess for serving.
- Place the crab legs in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, or until the crab legs are heated through. Sprinkle with parsley or chives.
- Serve immediately with the remaining sauce and/or lemon wedges for squeezing over the meat.
- One of the great things about this recipe, you are not trying to cut open hot crab legs with scissors, the prep is done before they are heated.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.