Mini Corn dogs have been a favorite in my house! It is so much fun to put them together with my kids. It really is a recipe that the whole family can join in on. These mini corn dogs are so good, though, I won’t judge you if you keep the batch all for yourself! They have the most amazing cornbread and buttermilk breading which creates the perfect light and fluffy texture. Pair that with a savory, juicy hot dog in the middle, and these mini corn dogs become too good to resist!
My family has loved having these on summer afternoons paired with homemade cheese sauce for dipping. The smaller size of these corn dogs makes them perfect for taking on the go. But do not let their small size deceive you, they are bursting with flavor in every bite! If you are feeling extra hungry, you can also give my classic homemade corndogs a try. Whether they are bite or standard-sized, I am sure they will become a favorite at your house!
* Ingredients :
- °1 cup yellow cornmeal
- °¾ cup all-purpose flour
- °1 tablespoon of sugar
- °½ teaspoon kosher salt
- °½ teaspoon baking powder
- °½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- °1 cup milk
- °1 large egg
- °Vegetable oil for frying
- °2 packages (1 lb each) cocktail-size smoked sausages (40 sausages each)
- °80 round wooden sticks with a pointed end
- °½ cup ketchup
- °½ cup yellow mustard
*How to do
- Step 1: Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and red pepper in a large bowl. Add the milk and egg and mix well until the batter is smooth.
- 2nd step: Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches in a deep fryer and preheat to 375 degrees. Dip each sausage in batter, then drop in preheated oil.
- Step 3: Fry the sausages in batches for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Step 4: Drain them on absorbent paper. Insert the ends of the pointed sticks into the sausages. Serve & Enjoy !