It’s not a party without deviled eggs! This classic deviled eggs recipe is great for all kinds of gatherings, whether an Easter brunch, a summer picnic, or just because.
Deviled eggs! Easter egg hunts and summer picnic potlucks. I have been known to devour a dozen deviled eggs in one sitting. Deviled eggs are easy to make and are always a hit at gatherings.
What’s so “deviled” about deviled eggs? Just the little bit of spice from the paprika and either cayenne or Tabasco that you add to the filling What follows is a GREAT classic and easy deviled egg recipe with mustard, mayonnaise and Tabasco, though there are so many wonderful variations you can make. See the comments for some great ideas submitted by Simply Recipes readers.
Do you know how to make great deviled eggs? Do you have a favorite deviled egg recipe? If so, please let us know about it in the comments!
Mayonnaise: 6 tablespoons
Mustard sauce: 2 tablespoons
Hot sauce: 1 tablespoon (or the desired amount)
Chives: 2 stalks
Paprika powder: 2 tablespoons
Pepper: 1 pinch
Salt to taste
How To Make Deviled Eggs Recipe
1. Place the eggs in a pan with enough water, then cook over high heat for 10 minutes, once it reaches boiling temperature.
2. Once done, remove the eggs from the heat and let them rest in the same saucepan for 5 minutes.
3. After this time, place ice and water in a different bowl.
4. At this stage, you can remove the eggs from the hot water. Then place them in the bowl with ice and cold water; leave for 5 minutes. This makes it easier to remove the shells.
5. Be sure to remove the shells from the eggs and cut them in half. Always remember to remove the yolks and keep the whites in the shape of a canoe.
6. Then you’re going to get a bowl, mash the yolks with a fork. You can then add the mustard, the mayonnaise, the hot sauce, pepper, and salt.
7. Alright now, you have to put the previous mixture in the eggs in the place of yolk previously.
8. Make sure the chives or parsley are washed and cut into small pieces.
9. Use paprika powder and chopped chives or parsley to sprinkle the stuffed eggs.
10. Finally, put the stuffed eggs in the refrigerator for no less than half an hour. Serve it cold.