Sharing an easy weeknight dinner that feels extra special, 20 Minute Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp. Spicy, garlicky, gingery shrimp, pan-seared and tossed with butter, coconut milk, and sweet honey. It’s Thai inspired with a hint of Italian. Not traditional, but so DELICIOUS. Serve this simple one-skillet dinner with a side of rice and mango salsa. Added bonus? You only need one skillet and about 20 minutes time. Perfect for busy weeknights when you’re looking for something different, but still quick, healthy-ish, and of course…delicious!
I wanted to start the week off with something fun and a dish that felt a little different too. Life in quarantine has meant a lot of pantry-style recipes. Which are amazing and, of course, what we all need most right now. But today, however, I just needed some fresh color.
Enter this shrimp. Yes, this is still what I consider to be a pantry-style recipe. Frozen shrimp plus shelf-stable ingredients, but yet it’s light, colorful, fresh, and most importantly, so very good.
- °500g prawns
- °2 cloves garlic
- °3 tbsp. honey
- °2 tbsp. soy sauce
- °1 C. ginger
- °1 C. lemon juice
- °salt pepper
- In a bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, and grated ginger together. Add the minced garlic. Pepper.
- Shell the prawns and place them in the marinade. Mix. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Leave to bathe overnight in a cool place (or a minimum 1 hour).
- Drain the prawns. Reserve the marinade.
- In an oiled frying pan, sauté your prawns. Make them turn pink by cooking them on both sides.
- Then pour the marinade at the end of cooking.
- Salt and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve!