Is there anything better than gooey, melted cheese?! Or maybe buttery garlic bread? Mmmm… I love that this recipe for cheesy garlic breadsticks combines BOTH of those things into amazing comfort food! And did I mention that they are crazy easy to make!? With a simple tube of Pillsbury pizza crust you can make your own freshly baked, homemade breadsticks – with the smell of freshly baked bread AND garlic filling your home. Garlic and butter make me swoon every time. These smell sooooo good!
These cheesy garlic breadsticks are awesome alongside your favourite bowl of soup. Or maybe with salad? You could even serve them on their own with a small bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. Yum! I made a big pot of soup for dinner last night and served these cheesy garlic breadsticks to everyone with a bowl of soup. The kids loved the breadsticks! (I was inspired by the recipe on Sugar Apron.)
I made cabbage roll soup last night and sometimes the kids aren’t impressed with the huge amount of vegetables I pack into it. Cabbage is sometimes a tough sell to kids… but along with these breadsticks, everyone finished everything! Isn’t it an awesome feeling when you make a successful dinner that everyone eats?! Especially a healthy one? Cooking is a lot of work, so it makes me feel so good when everyone enjoys and actually finishes eating what I make!
1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Mix butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Unroll pizza dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush with butter and garlic mixture.
4. Sprinkle cheeses and spices evenly over the dough.
5. Use a pizza cutter and cut dough into stick shapes (Lengthwise into 7 long strips and crosswise into 3 strips). Do not seperate strips.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
7. Recut along each strip and remove from cooking sheet.
8. Serve sticks warm with marinara sauce.