This Chicken Spaghetti has a creamy 3-cheese blend of cream cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella! Rotel tomatoes give this dish a pop of color and added flavor that pairs perfectly with this creamy cheese sauce. (PLUS: No canned soup!)
Be sure to serve this with a side of my Garlic Bread with Cheese and be sure to try my Chicken Scampi recipe next!
If you’re looking for a way to jazz up your next spaghetti dinner, OR possibly looking for a creative way to use up some leftover or rotisserie chicken, you’ve come to the right place. This creamy, cheesy, chicken spaghetti is so incredibly flavorful, make-ahead and freezer-friendly, and your family will love it. Take a look at how to make it, read through my pro tips, storage information, and more below.
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 small onion (chopped)
• ½ red pepper
• ½ green pepper
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb – cubed)
• 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon chili powder
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1½ cups low sodium chicken broth
• 1 cup milk or cream (any will do! Higher fat will have a richer flavor)
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 375 grams spaghetti (about ¾ pound)
1. Cook spaghetti noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil.
3. Add onions and peppers, cooking and stirring until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add chicken breast cubes and cook until white on the outside (they don’t necessarily need to brown.
5. Stir in garlic, salt, chili powder and paprika and cook 1 minute.
6. Add flour and stir until no white remains.
7. Stir in broth and milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and cook and simmer until thickened. Stir in shredded cheese and pour over cooked pasta.