This Chicken Broccoli Lasagna only uses FIVE ingredients but is packed with flavor and makes an amazing, hearty dinner! Thick layers of broccoli, chicken and cheese are baked in Alfredo sauce with hardly any hassle at all! This dish reheats easily making it great for lunches and meal preps, too!If all recipes you come across on the internet were BOTH easy AND delicious, I think a lot more people would cook at home!! Too much of the time, recipes are just way too complicated for busy people and home cooks.
Simple and delicious one pan/pot meals like my Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Orzo or my Easy One Pot Goulash (“Slumgullion!”) or even my super simple Instant Pot Chicken Penne…ALL of these meals require such little hassle, but deliver big (family friendly!) flavors! This Chicken Broccoli Lasagna is no exception! Super easy to assemble and throw in the oven! It’s great to assemble the day before and just pop it in the oven the next day. Easy breezy! FULL DISCLOSURE: This isn’t really “lasagna” per se. It’s lasagna noodles layered with chicken and cheese and sauce…so it’s kinda got lasagna VIBES, but there’s no ricotta cheese…it’s more of a casserole-meets-lasagna…Casserole-agna…you get the idea 🙂
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese, or as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1 : Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2 : Heat olive oil, oregano, and basil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute chicken in hot oil until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Step 3 : Mix tomatoes and Alfredo sauce together in a bowl.
- Step 4 : Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish; add 1/3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta cheese over noodles and top with 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat 1 more layer of 1/3 of the sauce mixture, 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese, 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Spread chicken mixture over cheese layer and top with remaining 1/3 of the sauce mixture, 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese, 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Step 5 : Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Continue baking until cheeses are melted and lightly browned, about 15 minutes more.